Moving to a new place is awesome. Different feelings, life, and a fresh starting, everything is great but sometimes there are some issues maybe with your tap water? If so you are going through hard water issues. This is weird but hard water has negative impacts on health and mainly on the household.
Please don’t neglect the signs and the necessary steps to eradicate water-related problems. For this, you need to buy a water softener. Always gather necessary information like water hardness, conditions, etc before you buy a system or check water softener reviews on www.watersoftener-review.com for detailed information.
What is Hard Water?
You might have learned H2O comprises of two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen but it has some extra stuff. Some are acceptable and do not possess any harm but some do. If you drink tap water it is not 100% pure it is always good to check with Municipal Corporation before.
Hard water is rainwater that percolates through rocks collecting minerals along. The higher is the mineral content the higher will be the water hardness. The common minerals are calcium and magnesium but other elements are also present depending on demographic conditions.
Minerals present in water are not always bad they fulfill essential nutrients in the body. According to WHO and NIH reports, there is no evidence that hard water has negative impacts on the human body. However, the sediments in hard water contain harmful bacteria that are dreadful.
If you are experiencing hard water issues and want to and want to sure do these 3 easy DIY methods at home:
1st Method: Quick Test
- Take a clear bottle that has a capacity of 12 ounces of water. Fill the bottle with tap water. Add 10 to 20 drops of any liquid gel or soap.
- Close the bottle and shake briskly.
- Did you see enough soap suds? If yes, water is soft else hard.
- Only a few soap suds then add 10 drops more and repeat until you see enough bubbles. Check for the test results:
- 20 drops: vaguely hard
- 30 drops: reasonably hard
- 40 drops: hard
- Exceeding 40 drops: Extremely hard
- If the water is clear and white water is not seen it is not that hard. If the water is cloudy and thick soap scum is formed water is doubtless hard.
Note: This is a rough estimate but can be done to get an idea if you don’t want to spend money.
2nd Method: Know Water Hardness
Are you going through the listed issues you then you surely have hard water:
- Bad odor and awful taste
- Spots on taps, fixtures or tiles
- Clogged pipes
- Soap scum
- Thin film on the skin after bathing
- Whitish cast on appliances
- Dull and dry laundry
- Skin issues
- Appliances need constant repair
3rd Method: Checking Hardness Level
Get a water testing kit at home or go to a water testing lab. Contact your Municipal Corporation to gather information about water content. Or call companies that conduct free water tests.
For a DIY water testing kit, do as mentioned:
- Dip strip straight in a glass of water. Look for the changing color levels. Instructions and levels are given on the packet.
Hope the above article helped you to know hard water threats and damages.
Once you are sure that you have hard water get a water softener or conditioner home, that’s all you need to do. Have any questions? Write to us.